Assembly records as a source of the genealogical information |
The assembly records conducted in Russia since 1918, are, undoubtedly, most mass source of the genealogical information. Considering incessant interest of researchers-genealogov to this type of sources, I have placed here some practical advice concerning technics of reception of documents on the acts of civil status containing data of genealogical character. At the given stage I was limited to records of certificates about a birth and about death, as the most widespread.
1. Establish as more as possible precisely, the settlement in which there was an event interesting you (a birth or death concerns what modern administrative and territorial unit (to a city, area, settlement etc.)).
2. Establish the post address of body the civil registrations (REGISTRY OFFICE) which is carrying out civil registration and conducting of assembly books in given territory. As a rule, it can be made by phone through corresponding help service.
3. Establish as more as possible precisely date or at least year in which there was an event interesting you (a birth or death). If you are not assured, be not afflicted: specify the most probable year and if assembly record about event is not found out in the year specified by you, body the REGISTRY OFFICE check for three previous and three next years will be made.
4. In key parametre on which search of record of the act of civil status is carried out, the surname of the person is. She is necessary for knowing. Though in my practice there was a case when assembly record about death of the person which surname at the moment of death it was not known (on a name, a patronymic and death date has been found out).
5. Find out the post address of body the REGISTRY OFFICE, to which подведомственна territory of your residence: you should inform this address in inquiry, and the inquiry on a birth or death will be directed to this address by body a REGISTRY OFFICE executing inquiry.
6. Send by mail inquiry about delivery to you inquiries on a birth or death to body a REGISTRY OFFICE specified in item 2.
7. As a rule, the document requested by you (or the notice on absence of record of the act of civil status) arrives in "your" body the REGISTRY OFFICE (item 5 see) in 1,5-2 months from the moment of a direction you of inquiry. After this term it makes sense to be interested periodically in "your" body the REGISTRY OFFICE, whether the inquiry expected by you has arrived.
8. At receipt of the expected inquiry you should pay in the local budget a State Tax at a rate of 20 rbl. (bank requisites will inform you in "your" body the REGISTRY OFFICE), and, having shown the receipt, to receive the expected inquiry.
That you receive: the typical form of the inquiry on a birth (the form № 24)
That you receive: the typical form of the inquiry on death (the form № 34)
The recommended form of inquiry in body the REGISTRY OFFICE about delivery (dispatch) of the inquiry (Word)
The material is taken from a site www.cossackfamily.narod.ru
Advertising on the site